Friday, 30 January 2015

A new Beginning




My First Internship 


To start with, let me tell you know to find an internship was not an easy task as it is going to be my first internship.  Most of the companies had said "sorry we don't take interns". Organisations wants people who have already an experience in the fields. My question is, if companies do not give us the chance to do our first internships, how are we going to have experience?

But fortunately, I was called for an interview at Mauritius Wildlife Foundation and I was selected at once.

MWF is the unique non-governmental organisation(NGO) in Mauritius to be completely concerned with the preservation and conservation of endangered spices of Mauritius. It works in collaboration with Ile Aux Aigrettes. It is located at Vacoas, Mauritius.
For further information about MWF please go on this site: http://www.mauritian-wildlife.org/application/



A new beginning at Mauritian Wildlife Foundation (MWF)


My tasks at MWF


I was hired by the Fund Raising Manager to be his communicator and to do the Public Relations tasks.

The atmosphere is very pleasant and a good place for working.The staff at MWF are friendly and very helpful. At first I was a bit uncomfortable as it is my first work experience. However, with the help and support of my manager and other team members, I got the confident to talk freely and discuss everything regarding my internship and my tasks and other professional and personal things.



MWF is doing the World Wildlife Day event at Ile Aux Aigrettes on Saturday and Sunday, March 7 and 8, 2015. My tasks is to research on activities that can be implemented in the event, research about the target audience, and write a message strategy,promote the event via Facebook pages, design posters and leaflets, draft some media releases and newsletters and prepare speeches.

Having those tasks to do, will give me the opportunity to put my Public Relations skills and techniques into practices.
























2 comments:

  1. Hello Yashera, Agree with you, most companies are not ready to take interns at their place and it becomed difficult for graduates to have some experience. I always wanted to visit Ile aux Aigrettes as I hope that next time they continue with the event. This time I was stuck with assignments and could not visit Ile aux Aigrettes. Do tell me how the event went on. Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Hans, yeah I will tell you about its upcoming events. Don't worry, there are more events to come at ile aux aigrettes. You will be able to explore the nature and endemic species of our country.

    ReplyDelete